The following is a provisional list of some of the individuals identified by media sources as possible Trump Cabinet nominees.
* Treasury = investor Carl Icahn; Jack Welch, former head of General Electric; investment banker Henry Kravis; and former Goldman Sacks executive, Steve Mnuchin…….all supporters of supply side and corporations over people.
* Defense = retired Army Lt. Gen. (“Lock Her Up”) Michael Flynn, former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency; and Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA), a far-right member the House Armed Services Committee.
* State = Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL); John Bolton, former UN ambassador; and Newt Gingrich (far-right neo-con conservatives from the past)
* Attorney General = Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ); Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL); and Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), chair the House Select Committee on Benghazi that spent tens of millions of wasted dollars trying to get Clinton AND ADMITTING IT!
* Energy = Sarah Palin, former VP candidate; and Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND)….. both disbelievers in Climate Change and the use of Alternative Energy………Big supporters of fossil fuels and giving corporations subsidies.
* Health & Human Service = retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson; and Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC), a registered nurse opposed to Obama Care. See benefits for poor and needy being stripped. Turning over health care to the chaos and runaway prices of the past….only the rich will be able to afford good care.
* Interior = Donald Trump, Jr., (has been mentioned believe it or not); Sarah Palin (she’s gonna get in somewhere...he promised); Forrest Lucas, co-founder of Lucas Oil and an outspoken opponent of animal rights. They all support selling off the national parks to private corporations, and open them up to fossil fuel exploitation.
* Homeland Security = Joe Arpaio, Maricopa (AZ) County Sheriff; and Rudi Guiliani, former NYC mayor. Militarize the police force……both proposing radical right policing against minorities and divisive profiling.
* Environmental Protection Agency = Myron Eubell. Anti-regulation….Favors free-market solutions to solving pollution. Climate change denier - In selecting Ebell, Trump is sending a clear signal that, if elected, he would drastically roll back progress in addressing climate change.
Other possibilities who are advising him and could be part of his government:
Stephen Moore an economist who supports fossil fuels over alternatives and weird ideas about energy like planting trees will solve fossil fuel pollution - http://grist.org/politics/this-trump-advisor-might-be-even-more-confused-about-climate-and-energy-than-trump-himself/
Some of his campaign team: http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/08/17/trump-s-kitchen-cabinet-continued-what-media-needs-know-about-nominee-s-top-advisers-and-supporters/212477Stephen Bannon – Breitbart leader who embraces extremist fringe of conservatives KellyAnne Conway - once said that people “don’t want their kids looking at a cartoon with a bunch of lesbian mothers” David Bossee - "The Heavy" - George H.W. Bush condemned Bossie for using what he called “filthy campaign tactics”. A confirmed Hillary-Hater. Roger Stone – confidant and ally – regularly speaks with Trump…. has an extensive history of violent, racist, and sexist comments.
Alex Jones – right wing conspiracy theorist - regularly interviews Trump
Others: (see web address above to get more info) Allen West, Ed Klein, Jeffrey Lord, Ben Carson, Michael Savage, Michael Cohen, Sean Hannity, David Clarke, Rush Limbaugh, Jeanine Pirro, Laura Ingraham, Larry Kudlow, Scottie Nell Hughes, Pat Caddell, Katrina Pierson, Roger Ailes
Paraphrased from the article:
All those identified are a remarkable collection of radicals, reactionaries and/or crazies.
Collectively, they can be counted on to seek to fulfill Trump’s promise to “Make America Great Again,” thus turning the historical clock back to the grand old days of a post-WW-II U.S., days of foreign imperialist plunder and domestic anti-subversive repression, pillaging the environment, and turning the country over to the corporations. Together with Trump, the Cabinet will only make worse the difficulties in our country. They would be a disaster....WORSE THAN TRUMP HIMSELF!
Each of the possible Cabinet nominees comes to his/her possible leadership position with significant baggage, a long, long history of questionable practices. Their pasts suggest how awful they might be in the Cabinet and how truly radical, reactionary and downright crazy a Trump presidency could possibly be.
Clinton's sounds sane and pragmatic: http://www.ozy.com/2016/hillarys-could-be-cabinet-according-to-the-insiders/71968
Can you really still say both are equally bad?